Friday

My Pasta Sauce

I always thought we had a pretty healthy diet.  But then my Thermomix came along and now it is amazing how our trolley looks even healthier!  I spend so much less at the supermarket and completely avoid many of the isles.

The Thermomix makes it so much easier to make your own sauces from scratch and this recipe is a great example.  It means pasta sauces are a thing of the past for us.  And the flavour, it's beautiful.

My Pasta Sauce

Chop and saute one onion and two cloves of garlic.  I saute for a little longer than the usual two minutes for a more intense flavour; ie 3 - 4 mins on Varoma.

Add 1 can of tomatoes, 1 tbsp stock concentrate, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 100ml red wine (optional) and seasonings; basil, oregano, parsley (1tbsp dried or a handful if fresh)

Cook for 15 minutes/Varoma/sp 2. 

Voila!


2 comments:

  1. i love this sauce thanks for posting it.

    Renate
    Italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found your blog and love it. Thank you for this sauce recipe, it tastes great and I canot wait to try many of your other posts!
    Cheers,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete